Stay Positive
Friday @ Noon: This has already gone way beyond just not saying negative things.
It's helped me realize from a very tangible experience that my mouth is not controlled by my mind. If it were I could wake up and say, "Today I will not say negative things." OR "Today I won't say certain words." OR "Today I won't speak with an angry tone." AND my awareness and mindfulness of that goal from moment to moment would prevail, but instead my emotions and my mouth are out performing and controlling my words.
So how long would I have to practice this before I was able to say NOTHING negative for a day? Let me say I did forget numerous times and start spouting (-) concepts BUT I remained mindful and practicing of our No Negative Initiative for long periods throughout most of the day. BUT I felt like I was just getting warmed up, like I was kicking something off. I feel very moved to keep on going for a week and just see what happens.
AND I really want to put trOy's words into practice about not just not being negative, but being positive instead and giving fresh air to the others whose lives I touch.
Thanks for being willing to practice these disciplines.
All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and creatures of the sea are being tamed and have been tamed by man, but no man can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
With the tongue we praise our Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be. Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.
3 Comments:
"just getting warmed up"--i feel similarly.
i'll join you for a week's experiment if you want!
U R ON.
Go! Go! Whoever is on, Go! Until next Friday. Thanks j-f.
Post a Comment
<< Home