Feeling motivated and inspired...
Denise VanEck sent the staff an email yesterday that has me really inspired and I wanted to share it:
Hey team,
I'd thought you'd be interested in knowing that this past Monday night, Mars Hill was awarded the Volunteers of the Year award by the West Grand Neighborhood Assn! I've attached our official letter if you are interested in the details. Randy Brewer, a HC leader from Region Four (which is led by the awesome Brad Nelson), led a project rehabing the home of an elderly gentleman. The neighborhood that Randy's HC is a part of joined in and made a huge impact in this man's life. Neighbors taking care of neighbors - how beautiful is that?
Peace to you all this Thanksgiving,
Denise
In a letter from the Association, they wrote this about the gentleman the House Church helped out:
Mr. Dubart is a very reclusive gentleman who has lived most of his 85 years in the same home. The City of Grand Rapids did not want to prosecute such an elderly man because his home was in such disrepair and our Adeline's Locks program was willing to take on the task, but did not have the man power to finish. From out of the blue came Mars Hill Bible Church and answer from above. We had never seen Mr. Dubart that excited. Your parishioners made a dignified older gentleman's reclining years very happy. He lets everyone know that he is proud of his home now.
I'm inspired because I love being part of this place. I'm motivated (and maybe a little jealous of that House Church) to figure out some way our HC contributes to something that would make a difference in our city. There are so many opportunities out there and I'm feeling more committed than ever to our House Church and want to see us help change Grand Rapids. I'll be praying that we find our own "Mr. Dubart" and that we have the courage and compassion to seize the opportunity that presents itself to us.
I hope you each have a great Thanksgiving.
(oh yeah, does everyone know that a certain person in our House Church is celebrating a birthday this week? *cough* Adam Kenyon *cough*)
1 Comments:
Eye woodens aye sell lib ray 10.
Post a Comment
<< Home