You Can't Fake House Church...And You Can't Fake Rock!

Share your contemplative thoughts. Let's spur one another on to live well inwardly so we can authentically live outwardly.

Monday, November 06, 2006

cool picture for me on Sunday…

Hey everyone. It’s been a while since I’ve been to church and felt like I left… noticed.

Being noticed isn’t some sort of narcissistic obsession of mine… I think for me, it’s a matter of insulation and connection. I was thrilled to sit with a big chunk of the house church in the shed. It felt right. Made me think about why we just don’t do that all the time… as it just seems right.

When I’m with others I care about… the "worship together" is anchored in something much deeper. The message… and I don’t care who’s message it is… takes on a tactile form that just seems more real. You all help me ‘get there.’ Thanks.

See you Wed. Can't wait.

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger -tr0y- said...

Felt the exact same thing Steve. Janet and I both commented on how great it was to even be listening together. Reminds me of Nouwen's idea of "the gift of being present." I agree--doing that from now on seems right!!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Janet said...

For me,sitting together Sunday morning made it the best morning yet for me. I just wanted to stand up and tell everyone else "if you knew who I was sitting with, you would all want to be in my seat." You all are another blessing and confirmation that we are where we should be. Let's make it a weekly practice.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger @m said...

YES! YES! U all felt it 2! It was great 2 sit with U peeps. I kind of love the idea of saying I am going to sit with my friends in church. It's so childlike. It feels like 2nd grade to me and I think that might be partly why it's so right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home