You Can't Fake House Church...And You Can't Fake Rock!

Share your contemplative thoughts. Let's spur one another on to live well inwardly so we can authentically live outwardly.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Contemplation Night

Ways the girls are leading us in the contemplative spirit:









Lastly, I hope this prayer might be helpful as we enter, together, this journey of contemplation:

I have, O Lord, a noisy heart. And entering outward silence doesn't stop the inner clamor. In fact, it seems only to make it worse. When I am full of activity, the internal noise is only a distant rumble; but when I get still, the rumble amplifies itself. And it is not like the majestic sound of a symphony rising to a grand crescendo; rather it is the deafening din of clashing pots and clanging pans. What a racket! Worst of all, I feel helpless to hush the interior pandemonium.

Dear Lord Jesus, once you spoke peace to the wind and the waves. Speak your shalom over my heart. I wait silently . . . patiently. I receive into the very core of my being your loving command: 'Peace, be still.' Amen.

(Richard Foster)

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger steve said...

Hey Everyone
Nice pics!
Great night!

So, tonight when I tucked Lisi into bed, she asked me, "What did you talk about in house church?"

I told her, "We talked about contemplation."

"What's that?"

"It's when we slow down to think about God and talk to God."

"How are you supposed to slow down... not do anything?"

"Well, It's like what you girls did tonight. You took time to remember God and say you love Jesus by writing words and drawing pictures, and sharing them with us. That's contemplation."

"Oh, I get it!"

Lisi smiled.
So did I.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger steve said...

Jeffrey...
We'll be praying, bro!

I want a pic of you speaking to the group posted on our blog, after your weekend!

Be who you are, my friend, and they will meet Jesus...
s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home